Neato’s Guide to Work From Home Wellness
Working from home has become the new normal for many. There’s no doubt it will continue in some way, shape, or form as companies around the world rethink how colleagues work and interact with each other moving forward.
With “home” and “office” now one and the same for many, and this new normal continuing on in the foreseeable future, now is the perfect time to figure out what works best for you to prioritize your health and wellbeing while staying productive at home. Here are our top areas to consider:
- Your daily routine: The transition to sheltering and working at home has been challenging for many, especially as routines were thrown out the window. Re-establishing a routine can help you take back control, like waking up the same time every day, getting dressed every day like you would if you were headed into the office, or a quick meditation that kicks off each morning. We recommend starting with one activity and adding others over time, adjusting for what you find works best for you.
- Your desk: Find a space at home you can reserve for work and can keep clear of distractions. If you don’t have a desk, it could be a spot at the kitchen table, a well-lit corner. To further mimic the office, you can also set up a workstation with work equipment or whatever you have at home like boxes or books to put your laptop on. The point is to create a space that you define and stick to as a work space, a space for business.
- Your environment: Maintaining a clean work space can make a world of difference. Regularly wipe down work surfaces, keep things organized as you would in the office, and, #ProTip: have your Neato help with the vacuuming. With your Neato, you can set up zones and schedule regular cleanings, especially in the area from where you are working. The more frequently you schedule vacuuming, the more often dust, allergens, and other debris that can negatively affect your health and mood are removed so you can breathe easy and focus on any work at hand.
- Your physical activity: Just like sitting too much at the office can have a negative impact on your health, sitting too much at home can have the same effect. Set alarms or calendar reminders to take breaks from looking at screens and getting in some physical activity. If you don’t have time for a walk or other workout, there are many desk stretches and movements you can find on the internet. This CNN article outlines some ideas to combat sitting for extended periods of time.
- Your work / life balance: Now that the lines between home and office are increasingly blurred, create boundaries for your wellbeing, both physically and mentally. For example, if you’ve set up a work area at home, reserve any work activity to be done in that space. When you’re done working, leave that space behind so the rest of your home becomes your oasis from work.
At Neato, we believe that it is important to prioritize health and wellbeing, and it starts with your home. With working from home here to stay for the foreseeable future, we hope you’ve found some useful tips to help you adjust to this new normal and to help you stay happy and healthy!